You need a steady flow of quality content that’s informative, engaging, useful for your readers, and optimized for search. However, you’re busy running a medical practice, physical therapy clinic, or wellness center, and you don’t have time to write your own content. You need to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, and establish yourself as an authority in your field. A professional writer may have the time and the skill to provide medical content for your website, but they won’t have your level of understanding of your discipline.
It’s a real conundrum.
Can a blogger or a professional SEO copywriter represent your practice well? This is a legitimate concern, and it’s true that a professional writer won’t have the same knowledge of physical therapy as a physical therapist, or understand musculoskeletal disorders as well as a rheumatologist.
But they shouldn’t, anyway. That’s why they write and you improve the quality of life for your patients. You don’t need a writer to have the same knowledge of your field as your colleagues and peers.
They do need to understand your information well enough to clearly communicate difficult and specialized health information, both to your readers and to search engines.
This is exactly what a medical blogger does: provide quality medical content that patients understand and search engines find.
Focus on your patients — let your blogger focus on the medical content for your website.
You don’t have time to write blog posts and content for your practice website, and you don’t have to. But you’d be wise to hire a professional medical writer.
There are basic SEO copywriter skills that are indispensable for writing medical content:
- Ability to communicate specialized information in a way that’s accessible for the average reader
- Ability to reach the target audience through the correct use of keywords and meta tags
- Good writing skills; typos and grammatical errors negatively affect your SEO score
- Understand search engines — a great SEO copywriter can get better search results than a great writer without that special knowledge
- Ability to research and gain a thorough understanding of topics
What makes a medical blogger different from other SEO copywriters?
- Awareness of HIPAA regulations as they affect blogging
- Ability to read medical news and information and write it up clearly for patients
- Background knowledge on what healthcare info is accurate and useful
- Knowing that patients don’t talk like doctors — your target audience is most likely searching “how to treat foot pain”, “what causes foot pain”, or “foot doctor near me” rather than “podiatrist”
Hiring a professional medical blogger
Haden Interactive writes for medical doctors, wellness professionals, and many other clients in the field of health and wellness. We are professional writers who understand the importance of SEO, but prioritize providing useful information and a positive experience for the reader.
Reach out online, give us a call at 479-966-9761, or meet us for coffee if you’re in Northwest Arkansas!