Here at Haden Interactive, we’ve been traveling, speaking at WordCamps and meetups, and having fun. We’re also set to launch four new websites in the next few days, in addition to enjoying WordCamp Fayetteville this weekend, and today is the start date for two great new clients.
For us, then, summer has been a perfect combination of work and play.
If you’re still taking it easy, managing with a skeleton staff, or doing a little work on deck during your cruise, here are five quick things you can do to get your website ready for Back to School or for fourth quarter:
- Update everything that needs updating. WordPress updates can be easy to overlook when a hiking trail or a swimming pool is calling your name. This is also a good time to check and make sure that you don’t have any outdated information at your site. That News page where the last piece of news is from five months back? Update it or hide it.
- Freshen up the graphics. It’s simple to tuck in a new banner or ad, maybe a fresh photo of your building, or a new graphic call to action. Frequent small updates can delay the need for a redesign.
- Check your links. If you do your linkbuilding in house, it might be a while since you checked your listings. We found, this summer, that a complete stranger had added himself to our Spoke page as an account executive. It can happen. At the very least, you may notice opportunities to update information and add photos.
- Scope out your social media. Even if your company hasn’t made changes, the social media platforms might have. Make sure that your profile pictures still look good, that all your data is up to date, and that your updates are recent enough to look fresh.
- Identify areas to work on. If your kids or your band really need your time right now, you may not want to make big changes. This is a great time to identify some, though. Is it time to start a company blog or podcast? Should you start taking SEO more seriously? Make the decision now and you’ll be ready to implement it when you’re really back from vacation. It may also be time to get some help with your website. If so, give us a call.
We’d love to help you.